Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The day we met! - Sept 8, 2008

Although I had seen Brad at church many times before, and always had an immense attraction for him we never actually sat down and had a conversation together. I remember the Saturday before we met I was just leaving the beach with my friends Erin Hawley and Lisa Ward. Brad and Shannon Masquardson were driving by going to pick up food for Break The Fast. They stopped and said hello while driving by, and I remember saying to myself I really need to get to know him better.

Well, Monday comes by, and Erin and I decided to go to Family Home Evening together it was a fireside, so it was in the chapel. Then there he was, sitting their all by himself waiting for Erin and I to come sit by him. He invited us over and I was so excited. We started chatting about random stuff, like Brads arms looking like he shaves them (he doesn't). Then Erin asked Brad if he was dating anyone in the ward, etc. He had mentioned he wasn't dating anyone, there was no one he was interested. Well me being my sassy self, decided this was my perfect opportunity. "Well, thats because you haven't taken me out" I said. This caught Brad off guard a little bit, and got him thinking.

The whole time during the fireside we were flirting here and there, I would touch his arm and let him know I was flirting. Afterwards, Erin and Warren asked us to hang out with them, which they claim they set us up. So Brad and I decided to get some yogurt and keep talking, then afterwards go over to Erins'. We went and watched the MTV music awards, and I remember wanting to sit REALLY close to Brad but not making it too obvious I was into him.

After watching the awards Brad walked out with me to my car. He said we should all hang out sometime, and I agreed.. hoping he ment just me, but not sure. He got my number and I was so excited. That Thursday he called me, we talked for probably two hours and asked me on a date for Friday.

3 comments:

  1. HECK YES we were responsible for this union!!! are you kidding me? you guys seriously owe warren and i your eternal salvation. sooooo happy for you!!! cant wait for the BIG day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin, way to go. I love your comments. Yes!!!
    It was a match made in heaven. Love you Mom

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails